The holiday season inspires many of us to give back to the communities in which we live and work – especially here at Alliance Data, where we live by our “Give Back” value each and every day. While there are many ways to help out during the season of giving, below are a few ideas to keep in mind:
1. Give meaningful presents. During the holiday season, we often buy small gifts for various people in our lives. This year, identify an organization close to their heart and make a donation in their name. Write a note about your donation to share this gift with them.
2. Host a party with a purpose. If you’re having a party this year chances are your guests will offer to bring food or a gift. Instead, request they bring a toy for a child in need or hats and mittens to be donated to your local shelter.
3. Get out and volunteer. There are so many opportunities to volunteer your time this season. Ring a bell, serve meals at your local shelter, help wrap presents for a toy drive. Use resources like Volunteer Match or your local United Way to find ways you can give your time in your community.
4. Tell your story to inspire others. Are you active on social media? Spread awareness by sharing information about the needs of your community and the good things you are doing to serve others this holiday season. You’ll motivate and inspire others to do the same
5. Get your family involved. Sometimes it can be hard to find kid-friendly volunteer opportunities, but there are many ways to get everyone involved. Gather the family and bake cookies or assemble brown bag lunches for your local shelter. It’s a great opportunity to teach kids about the needs of those in their community.
Whatever you do, remember to be thankful for all you have and give back! Be sure to join the Alliance Data family as we make giving back a priority every day.